ELECTRIC AND HYBRIC VEHICLE SERVICE IN FORT COLLINS
When your Electric Vehicle needs service, find an EV specialist. Houska Automotive is your Fort Collins specialist.
Electric and hybrid vehicles are becoming increasingly popular, and Houska Automotive is here to provide the services needed. These vehicles require different care than your traditional gas vehicles. We are here to be of service and helping you better understand when a service is needed.
If you are driving a hybrid vehicle, it’s important to remember that you will still have components of a gas engine and need to be aware of the electric vehicle dynamics. Some great parts of hybrids are that they have an extended brake pad life, need fewer oil changes (between 5,000-10,000 miles) and don’t require ongoing system maintenance.
Services on EV and Hybrids
- Tire inspection and rotation
- Brake service
- Oil Change (hybrid)
- Wheel alignment
- Software updates
- Battery inspection
- Fluid checks
- High-voltage system diagnostics & repairs
- Heating and cooling system maintenance
As you get used to owning an EV or Hybrid, consider a few of the below listed timelines for servicing your vehicles.
- Twice a year: Flush corrosive materials, such as road salt, from the underbody
- Every 15,000 miles: Replace the windshield wiper blades
- Every 36,000 miles: Replace the cabin air filter (more frequently if necessary)
- Every 75,000 miles: Replace the hood and/or body lift support gas struts
- Every five years: Drain and fill the vehicle coolant circuits. Replace the brake fluid.
EVs require different tires than gas-powered vehicles. With more weight and more torque, making the right tire selection is important. At Houska Automotive, we are here to help you choose the best replacement tires. We’ll also rotate, balance, and align your tires to extend the life of the tires and keep your vehicle performing at its best.
With a hybrid vehicle, the transmission fluid should be replaced every 50,000 miles. While the fluid won’t break down as quickly as in a gas-powered vehicle, it does become contaminated with iron oxide over time.
Call us today to schedule your EV or Hybrid service.
Tire & Oil
Need new tires? Or maybe an oil change? Houska is your one stop shop for tires, oil changes, and the rest of your vehicles’ maintenance needs.
901 Riverside Avenue, Fort Collins CO 80524
Mon - Fri: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM,
Sat: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM