It’s always important to keep up with maintenance on any vehicle. It helps improve the life span of the vehicle, while also ensuring the vehicle is safe to drive. For companies whose business relies on a vehicle to get a job done, maintenance is even more important. Keeping up with preventative maintenance will keep your fleet on the roads longer and save you money on last minute repairs. Here are a few things you can do to keep your fleet in top shape.
- Let the Driver Be Your Eyes: No one else is going to know a vehicle better than its driver. Encourage your driver to report anything unusual like noisy brakes or leaks. Make sure all your drivers know the different warning signs of when their vehicle is in need of repair.
- Schedule Preventative Maintenance Visits: Don’t wait for something to go wrong. That will lead to a more expensive, reactive repair. Schedule maintenance visits for all your vehicles. That will help you control schedules, avoid down time and ultimately catch any concerns before they become big problems.
- Keep Records: It might seem like a daunting task, but take the time to record maintenance visits, mileage and expenses. There are a number of software programs that can help you organize all the information. Some even give you automatic alerts when it’s time for your maintenance visit.
- Driver Education: Talk to your drivers about fuel efficiency and maintenance–things that will help them stay safe on the road, while helping them stay as productive as possible. Review rules like driving at the speed limit, not slamming on the brakes or avoiding engine idling. These are all ways that will help properly maintain the vehicles and save the company money.
- Find a Shop That Does It All: Houska Automotive’s trained and experienced staff can handle all preventative maintenance and repairs on your fleet of vehicles all in one place. Our large campus gets your vehicles in and out quickly. Our Quick Lube and Tire Center is even open on Saturdays. By not having to go to different places, we help you save time and money.
Visit here for more information on our fleet services.