Houska Automotive is your Tesla service and maintenance headquarters.
Have questions or want to schedule an appointment? Reach out to us today.
Timeline for Tesla Service, EV Service and Hybrid Service
As you get used to owning an EV or Hybrid, consider a few of the below-listed timelines for servicing your vehicles.
- Twice a year: Flush corrosive materials, such as road salt, from the underbody
- Every 15,000 miles: Replace the windshield wiper blades
- Every 25,000 miles: Replace your tires
- Every 36,000 miles: Replace the cabin air filter (more frequently if necessary)
- Every 75,000 miles: Replace the hood and/or body lift support gas struts
- Every five years: Drain and fill the vehicle coolant circuits. Replace the brake fluid.
EV and Hybrid Services at Houska Automotive
- New Tire Installation: Did you know that some EVs require special tires? Tesla recommends Tesla-approved tires, identified by an alphanumeric designation on the tire’s sidewall. These tires are designed to provide a quiet ride, optimize efficiency and deliver good handling characteristics. What sets Tesla-approved tires apart from other tires? Foam! A layer of acoustical foam inside the tires contributes to the quiet ride. EVs typically weigh more due to their heavy battery packs, which can increase tire wear. Tesla-approved tires have stiffened sidewalls that won’t lose their shape.
- Tire Rotation and Balancing: To ensure even wear and extend tire life, it is recommended to rotate your Tesla's tires regularly. Additionally, balancing the tires helps maintain smooth and comfortable driving.
- Wheel Alignment: Periodic wheel alignments ensure proper handling, tire wear, and overall vehicle stability. It is recommended to have the wheel alignment checked and adjusted as needed.
- Brake Fluid Flush: Brake fluid plays a vital role in the braking system's performance. Tesla recommends a brake fluid flush every two years to maintain optimal braking efficiency.
- Brake Caliper Lubrication: Lubricating the brake caliper pins and sliders helps ensure smooth brake operation and prevents sticking or uneven braking. It is recommended to perform this maintenance task during tire rotation or brake service.
- HEPA Air Filter Replacement: Tesla vehicles equipped with a HEPA air filtration system, such as the Model S and Model X, require periodic replacement of the HEPA air filter. The recommended interval for filter replacement may vary, but typically it's around every 2-3 years.
- Air Conditioning System Check: Tesla's air conditioning system should be inspected regularly to ensure proper cooling performance. This may involve checking refrigerant levels, inspecting and cleaning the air conditioning components, and addressing any issues that may affect its efficiency.
Gearbox fluid check: With a Tesla, the gearbox fluid should be replaced every 50,000-100,000 miles. While the fluid won't break down as quickly as in a gas-powered vehicle, it does become contaminated with iron oxide over time.
- Regular Software Updates: Tesla vehicles receive over-the-air software updates to enhance performance, add new features, and improve safety. It's important to keep your vehicle's software up to date for optimal performance and functionality.
Schedule Tesla Service Today
Whether you need new tires, routine maintenance, or service on your Tesla, Houska Automotive has the expertise to keep your vehicle on the road. Tire maintenance should never be overlooked—we can help you determine what maintenance you need and how often. Schedule service online today, or contact our team directly with any questions.
Tire & Oil
Need new tires? Or maybe an oil change? Houska is your one stop shop for tires, oil changes, and the rest of your vehicles’ maintenance needs.
901 Riverside Avenue, Fort Collins CO 80524
Mon - Fri: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM