We love Colorado all year round, but there’s something about the fall colors this year that make us a little extra proud to call the Centennial State home. If you’re similarly mesmerized by the beauty of autumn – and find yourself wanting to explore more of Colorful Colorado – you may want to plan a weekend getaway!
Living in Fort Collins, we are only hours away from many of the most gorgeous fall destinations along the Rocky Mountains. Click here for a list of a few of the best weekend road trips from Northern Colorado – and then get to planning your next adventure!
Before you depart for a fall colors tour of Telluride or Aspen, it’s important to ensure that your vehicle is in tip-top shape. We all know that there’s nothing worse than being stranded far from home with a dead battery, a missing spare tire, or broken air conditioner – especially during a long day of driving. The team at Houska Automotive is dedicated to ensuring that your vehicle is ready for any adventure you may have planned this fall.
Before you depart on your next road trip, we recommend that you schedule a maintenance appointment for your vehicle.
Check your vehicle’s fluids
- Radiator fluid
- Brake fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Transmission fluid
- Windshield wiper fluid
Make sure your vehicle’s tires are in good condition
- Tire pressure
- Do your tires need to be rotated or balanced?
- Is your spare ready to be used if needed?
Check your vehicle’s filters
- Cabin filter
- Fuel filter
- Air filter
Make sure that your vehicle’s heater and air conditioner are working properly
Check your vehicle’s internal and external lights
- If one of your headlights or tail lights is out, you could get a ticket. No one wants that!
Check your vehicle’s battery
- A dead battery spoils a road trip pretty quickly! Make sure that your vehicle’s battery isn’t going bad by getting it tested (and replaced if necessary).
Gather everything you need for any road trip emergencies
- Make sure that your jumper cables are in an easily accessible spot in your vehicle!
- It’s always a good idea to stock your trunk with a flashlight, tool box and emergency blanket, as well as water bottles and granola bars.
Your safety is our top priority. The team at Houska Automotive is here to help as you prepare for your next great adventure! Make an appointment by giving us a call at 970-821-8654 – we’ll get your vehicle checked out, fixed (if necessary!) and back on the road in no time at all!